+ MareWatchers Fellowship
|-+ MareWatchers From The Heart Prayer Requests Prayers for Abby @ Ragland
Username:
Password:
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Prayers for Abby @ Ragland  (Read 2534 times)
Angel
Owner
Barn Master

2017 another year to fulfill with greatness!

« on: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:03 AM »

Abby went into labor last night and had to be taken to the vets for emergency c-section.

This is an update from Julie:
Julie Ragland As of 4:15 this am, here's an update. Baby ended up dying. Tried to get baby out by pulling. Tried that for an hour--to try and prevent a C section. It was coming out correct but it's back legs were forward too, so basically like a U on its side. It wouldn't come out no matter they tried. Even after sedation she was still pushing and very stressed. If i got out of her view it only made her worse, so i sat on the ground holding her head, talking to her while they worked on her and got her catheter in. Finally got her sedated and moved to surgery. Got her prepped and shaved for c section. Doc had to first cut the baby in order to complete the C section. He wasn't sounding to confident that she'd pull thru it but promised us he'd do his best, obviously. Surgery went ok. She lost a lot of blood so have to wait a few days and run blood tests to see if she needs a transfusion. The foal had deficated inside her so she was contaminated. He levaged her really well and got her cleaned out "with gallons of saline" real well. We're going back later this afternoon to spend time with her. We finally got home around 5:00, showered, crawled into bed and Adam was out in a minute. I can't/couldn't . I tried but it wasn't gonna happen.
Thanks everyone for caring.

We need lot of for Abby and all at Ragland Farm during this trying time!

Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do something, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality.

Sticks and stones may break my bones! But words will never hurt me!

Cam Link:  http://www.marewatchers.com/cam/spiritwins.htm
critterkeeper
Feeder

« Reply #1 on: Sun Apr 28, 2013 04:37 PM »

I am so for your loss and am for Abby to have a full and speedy recovery. 
IslandBreeze
Administrator
Feeder

« Reply #2 on: Sun Apr 28, 2013 06:15 PM »

Sherri
Hoof Picker

« Reply #3 on: Wed May 08, 2013 01:50 PM »

This is right from Julie herself on facebook

Abby update. Just got off the phone with doctor Brandon. Originally Abby was supposed to come home this week, but still on stall rest. Plan has changed. Her leg and foot are not getting any better and she's still having trouble getting around, so doc is going to try acupuncture on her today and tomorrow and see if she improves. He's also going to try DMSO. If she doesn't improve she will have to be in a cast for a few weeks to try and force it knuckling over. He took her bandage off and she still has lots of draining from from her incision. He said it should in a few days but since she was toxic inside she's not healing as fast as they'd like. Ran more bloodwork and she doesnt have any indection, which is good. So, still not sure when she'll get to come home or if she will ever walk correctly again. I'm she does.
 I need some good news for once! :-/

Prayers still needed for this sweet mare.
« Last Edit: Wed May 08, 2013 01:54 PM by Sherri » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: