Password:
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: goats  (Read 4625 times)
Angel
Owner
Barn Master

2017 another year to fulfill with greatness!

« on: Thu Dec 04, 2008 09:07 AM »

Does anyone know a goat does before they ummm foal??

I dont have goats so was just wondering..

Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do something, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality.

Sticks and stones may break my bones! But words will never hurt me!

Cam Link:  http://www.marewatchers.com/cam/spiritwins.htm
Deb
Feeder

« Reply #1 on: Thu Dec 04, 2008 09:42 AM »

From the ones I've seen they are usually up and down a lot and pacing although not as much as a mare. It's been so long I can't really remember a whole lot more than that. I believe the term for a goat giving birth is "kidding" but not 100% sure. 
Angel
Owner
Barn Master

2017 another year to fulfill with greatness!

« Reply #2 on: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:31 AM »

Thanks Demo, but do they lay down like a mare to or stand up? Maybe someone knows... Yeah kidding is they do, but HP seems to be kidding us all the time so I have come to the conclusion, everyone foals   

Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do something, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality.

Sticks and stones may break my bones! But words will never hurt me!

Cam Link:  http://www.marewatchers.com/cam/spiritwins.htm
wilderider
« Reply #3 on: Thu Dec 04, 2008 06:27 PM »

Goats most often lay down when they kid, but some have been known to kid standing up or squatting. it is a good idea to keep a close eye on them, goats are famous for having multiple births and sometimes the kids get tangled up and try to come out all at one time. I had four does in my herd that would always have triplets. a lot of times if you have multiple births one will come out normal and the rest will come out back legs first or breech,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: