+  MareWatchers Fellowship
|-+  MareWatchers Exchange» Horse Issues» Heads up TN and surrounding areas
Username:
Password:
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heads up TN and surrounding areas  (Read 3686 times)
Missy
Barn Master

« on: Thu May 21, 2009 09:02 PM »

Dear Tennessee Advocates,

Introduced by State Rep. Frank Nicely and State Senator Mike Faulk, Tennessee HB 1428/SB 1898 is a bill that will encourage, sanction and promote horse slaughter plants within your state. The ASPCA strongly opposes this legislation, which unfortunately is moving quickly through the committee process in both the House and the Senate. The bill will likely face a final vote in both bodies soon.

There are currently no horse slaughter plants in the United States—but if this bill passes, Tennessee could soon earn the dubious distinction of becoming the horse-killing capital of our nation. This bill is not only bad for horses—its passage would be terrible for Tennessee’s reputation, ecology and tourism industry.

What You Can Do
It is crucial that you contact your state representative and senator right away and tell them that you oppose HB 1428/SB 1898. Please take a few minutes to email your state legislators today to ask them to oppose this inhumane bill. Visit the ASPCA Advocacy Center to send your letter.

Thank you, Tennessee, for taking action for animals.

~soccer pony~
Hoof Picker

« Reply #1 on: Thu Jun 24, 2010 06:23 AM »

i remember watching a mare named izzy last year and i fell inlove with her i cant seem to remember her link but i was just wondering if anyone knew one im talking about. can anyone me or has anyone heard anything?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: